Once you press the button above, you will be asked to enter your name and to press 'continue'.
If you have an appointment, I will let you into the online room at our agreed time.
Contact by Webcam
Meetings via Webcam offers an alternative when face to face meetings are not possible. It may sometimes be a preferred option.
I use the webcam platform Whereby, because it is secure and easy to use, even if you do not feel confident with technology. All you need is an internet connection for your computer, laptop or tablet. For most devices, no downloads are needed, although Apple products may ask you to download an app.
If you prefer, I am also willing to use other webcam platforms such as Zoom, Facetime, or Google Meet. Please ask if this is the case.
If you have not used it before, meeting by webcam can take a little time to get used to. These tips may help:
- Think in advance about where you want to be for the meeting.
- Check the room you are using is private and that you can be confident that you will not be disturbed.
- Set up your computer or laptop carefully; it works best to use a solid surface rather than your knees, and it's a good idea to have your device's camera at eye-level.
- Spend some time thinking about what you want to bring to your meeting.
- Be prepared and ready a few minutes beforehand.
- Take time to make sure you are comfortable.
- Be aware that, even though webcams enable us to see each other's faces, camera positions can sometimes make it look as though we are not looking at each other.
- Have your landline or mobile phone, charged and easily accessible, as a fall-back should the the technology of webcam fail during our session. Whereby is generally reliable, but it's best to be prepared.
- Using webcam means that you do not have the natural 'transition time' of travelling to our meeting and then travelling home. Consider spending some time before and after the session to 'arrive' and then to 'leave'.