Contact by Webcam
Whilst I prefer to meet people face to face, I understand however that sometimes and for some people this is not possible. In these situations, I can offer Webcam Counselling, Supervision, or Accompaniment. Please ask if this is something you may be interested in.
All you need for webcam contact with me is an internet connection and a computer, laptop or other device with a webcam.
I will email you in advance of our arranged time with a link to access your session. At the time of our meeting, instead of physically knocking on my door, just click the link and we’ll be connected.
Zoom also offers the option of an audio-only call, if you would prefer things to be more like a phone call.
If you have not used a webcam before, meeting by webcam can take a little time to get used to. These tips may help:
I use Zoom for webcam contact. If you've not used Zoom before, when you click the link you may be asked to install a plugin to connect your camera with your web browser, if it isn’t already connected. Follow the on-screen instructions and select 'Run' to install. No other software is installed to your device.
Please note that you do not need to download Zoom on your computer.
Of course, other webcam services are available, but I use Zoom because:
• It is available to users with lower internet bandwidths
• You do not need to download software or set up an account
• It meets a very high standard of confidentiality, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to ensure confidentiality
• It does not collect your personal information
• Meetings are not routinely recorded (although you may record them if you wish)
You can find out more by visiting the ZOOM website
If you ever want to delete all traces of Zoom from your computer, you'll need to:
• delete your internet history for the day of our session.
• delete any cookies Zoom has left on your device. You can get more information about deleting cookies on the Scottish Information Commissioner's website