Please be aware that my way of working does not offer an emergency response at a time of crisis. If you are needing help immediately please consider the following options. The websites listed below give more information and contact details appropriate to where you live:
- Health and Emergency Services. You may wish to contact your GP. If your surgery is closed and you cannot wait, you can contact NHS24 by
- phoning 111 (remember to only call 999 in an emergency);
- The Samaritans You can talk to the Samaritans day or night, 365 days of the year. They offer an anonymous confidential service and you can speak about anything that is concerning you. Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to be suicidal to use their service and they are used to a very wide range of concerns;
- Breathing Space offers 'an alternative and easily accessible ‘first stop’ service, helpline assistance at an early stage in order to stop problems escalating, empathy, understanding and advice through active listening, hope when none exists and direction for those who do not know where to seek help';
- Combat Stress Amongst other support, Combat Stress offers a 24-Hour Helpline for the military community and their families which can advise on various issues from mental health to practical support;
- Parentline Scotland is a service of Children 1st, offering support, including a Helpline, for anyone caring for or concerned about a child. They can give information about similar services in other parts of the UK.