Supervision by Webcam
I prefer to engage in supervision on a face to face basis. For me, nothing can quite match meeting and talking face to face in the same room. I understand however that sometimes this is not possible, and in these situations, I am open to the possibility of Webcam Supervision. Please ask if this is something you may be interested in.
All you need for webcam supervision with me is an internet connection and a computer, laptop or other device with a webcam. Once we have arranged a time, I will email you the details with a link to access your session. At the time of the meeting, instead of physically knocking on my door, you just click the link and (all being well) we’ll be connected.
I use ‘Zoom’ for webcam supervision. If you've not used Zoom before, when you click the link you may be asked to install a plugin to connect your camera with your web browser, if it isn’t already connected. Follow the on-screen instructions and select 'Run' to install. No other software is installed to your device.
Of course, other webcam services are available, but I use Zoom because:
• it's available to users with lower internet bandwidths
• you don't need to download software or set up an account
• it meets a very high standard of confidentiality, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to ensure they remain confidential.
• it will not collect your personal information
• meetings are not routinely recorded (although you may record them if you wish)
You can find out more by visiting the ZOOM website
If you ever want to delete all traces of Zoom from your computer, you'll need to:
• delete your internet history for the day you had supervision
• delete any cookies Zoom has left on your device. You can get more information about deleting cookies on the Scottish Information Commissioner's website